2. American author Daniel Handler, popularly known by his pen name Lemony Snicket, tweeted recently that he and his wife, the illustrator Lisa Brown, have decided to donate $1 million to Planned Parenthood.
3. The Planned Parenthood Twitter account replied to Handler’s tweet with thanks, and many fans of both Handler and Brown responded in kind.
6. Lisa Brown told BuzzFeed why the couple decided to donate:
My husband and I have supported Planned Parenthood for years, for obvious reasons: It’s a great organization that has provided top-quality health care for countless women and families in our lives. This year, Planned Parenthood has gone through a series of unfortunate events, and it felt right to make our support more public and more dramatic.
- President Trump laid out an ambitious agenda in his speech to Congress, but Republicans are still divided on how to pass that agenda.
- The FBI is investigating if bomb threats against Jewish centers came from an internet "troll" and are profiling a lone, young, tech-savvy person.
- Facebook is using artificial intelligence for suicide prevention, scanning feeds for signs of people at risk of self-harm, then offering resources for help.
- Uber's CEO said he's "seeking leadership help" after dash-cam footage was published of him aggressively arguing with a company driver 😳