2. There are just too many choices for everything. It’s very overwhelming.
3. Hypervigilant mall managers make you feel like you have to go out of your way to show how much you’re not stealing.
I will place this pair of pants back where I found them. Very slowly and deliberately. Notice how I am not, in fact, putting them in my bag.
4. There’s math involved. Lots of math.
5. Also you need journeyman cartography skills to decipher the directory.
9. Stores that are literally adjacent to each other will have a different sizing scheme, so your size will change depending on which storefront you’re currently standing in front of.
12. When people ask you questions in the dressing room it makes you feel weird.
How am I doing? Let me pull up my pants and I’ll get back to you on that.
13. Also if you don’t anticipate wearing exactly the right kind of bra or underwear, then trying on clothes is basically a waste of time.
14. You also never know if you’re allowed to dip into the rejected clothes racks in the dressing room or not.
Swiper, no swiping!
15. Because people mess around with the displays so you spend an eternity sifting through to see if they have your size.
Spoiler alert: they don’t.
16. Because sometimes the mannequins look like people and that’s really not okay.
18. Or when you end up on the wrong part of an escalator bay and have to walk ALL THE WAY AROUND to get to the side that goes the right direction.
19. The food court smells so good but is filled with things that are so, so bad.
21. Stores that inundate you with unwanted perfume smells.
You know who you are.
- Dozens of employees and patients say the US's biggest psychiatric chain locks up people for insurance money.
- "I do like him. I love getting his ideas." Donald Trump says he's asked President Obama for advice on cabinet appointments.
- Airline confirms there are no survivors in crash of passenger plane in Pakistan that was carrying at least 47 people.
- Donald Trump was named Time's "Person of the Year" and people immediately started making memes.