2. It’s written by Philip LaZebnik, also known as the writer for a lil’ art house film called Pocahontas. He also wrote the screenplay for Mulan.
He’s like the Shakespeare of diverse, important animated stories.
6. The music includes some of the most beautiful songs ever gifted to humanity by the music gods, and includes songs like “Through Heaven’s Eyes” and “When You Believe.”
“When You Believe,” by Stephen Schwartz and Babyface, won the Academy Award for Best Original Song. Because mediocrity is for suckers.
7. The Prince of Egypt tells the story of Moses, which is part of a compilation of short stories that make up the best-selling book on planet Earth.
“The book is so much better than the movie.” —priests, probably
8. The voice cast includes Helen Mirren, Ralph Fiennes, Danny Glover, Sandra Bullock, Michelle Pfeiffer — takes a deep breath — Steve Martin, Patrick Stewart, Martin Short, Jeff Goldblum, and Val Kilmer in a double role as Moses and also GOD.
Are you kidding me?
10. And the reason it looks so cool is because they weaved more than 1,180 computer-generated special effects sequences into their traditional animation.
At what other point in your life do you get to say the phrase “CGI hieroglyphic combo flashback-chase sequence”?
11. And check out the burning bush scene! Old Testament God hasn’t looked this good on film in EVER.
12. Seriously this might be the most beautiful thing ever put on a screen.
::cries real tears at the beauty of it all::
14. So cancel whatever your plans were tonight and stay in. Watch the Prince of Egypt. Bask in the genius.
You won’t regret it.
15. That’s all.
- Trump criticized NATO, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and the European Union in an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires – all men – together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.