We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to share what they think the meaning of life is. Here are some of the best, funniest, and most heartwarming responses.
1. The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Submitted by Kaitlin Batt, Facebook.
2. I don't think there is one. I think it's all just a series of incredible, beautiful, and meaningless coincidences, which we might as well enjoy.
Submitted by helenelizabethw2.
4. We're here to make the Earth better for the people after us. To show equality. To love everyone, no matter what. To do the best we can and be the best we can be until maybe one day this world will be as close as it can be to perfect.
Submitted by Breigha Hughes, Facebook.
5. To catalogue the human experience. Like your brain uploads your experiences to a mainframe upon death. You are immortalised as the author of a chapter in a book in a huge library.
Submitted by Ryan Bok, Facebook.
7. Life is about coming to grips with the fact that we will die. In fact, we really go through all five stages of grief for our own death. Childhood is denial; we think we're invincible. Early adulthood is anger; we see the world for what it really is, and we don't like it. Adulthood is bargaining; we try to eat right, exercise, save money for retirement, have kids, etc. We try to get the good things in life while we can. Depression is either a mid-life crisis or a post-retirement feeling of worthlessness. Acceptance is when we truly see death as the imminent eventuality that it really is.
Submitted by jays4ed036bcf.
8. Sleep. Eat. Drink. Fuck. Shit. Repeat.
Submitted by Anthony Duan, Facebook.
9. I don't think there is a specific meaning of life. Everyone has a different meaning, they just have to find it.
Submitted by arim555.
11. All evidence to date suggests it's chocolate.
Submitted by duchessdoge.
12. School is great, but we honestly waste 17+ years of our lives going to school and college. And all for what? A good job? I think that you should make a bucket list and complete it. See all the places you've never seen. Do all the things you've never done! Have fun. We only have one life, so why not live it?
Submitted by peewaa9.
14. Absolutely nothing. That's what makes it so special.
Submitted by Devika Ramcharan, Facebook.
15. "We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, it's to create something that will" – Chuck Palahniuk.
Submitted by buzzceratops.
17. The way I figure it, if all existence is meaningless and there is no point in even being alive, the only thing that truly matters is to help people. Lots of people in the world are in pain and whether their pain means anything doesn't change that. I can help people be happier, healthier, and safer, since I'm so extremely fortunate to have enough money to live on, a kind family, and a safe place to sleep. My only mission in life is to help people as much as I can because ultimately that's the only important thing, no matter what life means.
Submitted by SirNoviLux.
18. To be happy and at peace with yourself.
Submitted by siobhanp45490f5a9.