1. First and foremost - ducks! So many ducks...
2. And geese.
3. And the dreaded black swans, who you were probably attacked by at some point.
4. During mating season, you knew lie-ins just weren't going to happen.
5. But at least the babies were really cute, right?
6. You already thought your college was the undisputed best, just a few days into freshers' week.
7. And it took you a while to realise it was okay to make friends from other colleges.
8. You felt lucky to be living in one of the most beautiful cities in the UK.
9. It would snow every year, and wouldn't thaw for months because it was always so cold.
10. But this also led to epic inter-college snowball fights.
11. Campus looked kind of magical during winter anyway.
12. Though it was arguably even more stunning in the summer.
13. People would sit out in the Quiet Place pretending to revise.
14. Even though the constant wind meant it was still pretty chilly.
15. Browns made the best sandwiches in the world.
16. You went for a drunken swim in the lake at least once.
17. You always wondered why you were stuck living in 1960s blocks...
18. Especially when the Vice-Chancellor and his pals got to hang out in Heslington Hall.
19. There was a pub for every day of the year in the city.
20. The clubs seemed to change name every year.
21. Except for the one constant - WILLOW!
22. Walking home from Willow in summer when it was already light was the strangest feeling.
23. Mr Efe was always there for you after a night out.
24. You rolled down Clifford's Tower at least once.
25. Heslington East was SO FAR AWAY.
26. Unless you lived there, in which case having lectures on Hes West was the worst.
27. There were two student papers, York Vision and Nouse, and everyone had their favourite.
28. College sport games sometimes looked a lot like this.
29. But everyone went mad for the College Cup.
30. The Roses sports competition was one of the highlights of the year.
31. Vanbrugh Paradise never quite lived up to its name.
32. It was bad luck to climb the Minster tower before finishing your degree.
33. You miss it when you're gone.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!