10. Tamara Chauniece – “I Will Survive”
Proving she can sing the disco classic with a twist, Tamara is a vocal powerhouse for Team CeeLo.
9. Cole Vosbury – “Maggie May”
His rendition of the Rod Stewart standard showed some nice guitar and vocal abilities while connecting with the audience. Point, Team Blake.
8. Will Champlin – “Secrets”
Combining jazzy piano with the traditional One Republic sound proved effective for the Team Adam member. Also as his coach proclaimed, this was his biggest moment on “The Voice” thus far.
7. Austin Jenckes – “She Talks to Angels”
Jenckes seems to be the contestant this season that connects the most emotionally with what he’s singing and this performance is no exception. Team Blake with this one.
6. Christina Aguilera and A Great Big World – “Say Something”
X-tina shows us her softer side in her collaboration with A Great Big World. The song (sans X-tina’s vocals) was also featured on an episode of “So You Think You Can Dance.” While it was softer, it was compelling none the less, proving Christina can rein herself in to deliver a different sound.
5. Tessanne Chin – “Many Rivers to Cross”
Team Adam member, Tessanne, took on a Jimmy Cliff song native to her home country of Jamaica and did not disappoint. Tessanne delivered an emotionally moving and killer performance.
4. Matthew Schuler – “Wrecking Ball”
“The Voice” favorite and Team X-tina member hit it out of the park with Miley Cyrus’ new anthem. While putting his own spin on the song, he also managed to sing the hell out of it.
3. Jacqui Lee – “I Put a Spell on You”
The 16-year-old (and “mini X-tina”) brought her powerful, soulful voice to push out a killer rendition in the style of Nina Simone.
2. Caroline Pennell – “We’re Going to Be Friends”
Team CeeLo member, Caroline, has been a force in the competition from the beginning. She handled this White Stripes song with grace, putting her own spin on it, quite perfectly.
1. James Wolpert – “A Case of You”
James managed to redeem himself from a rocky Knockouts’ performance with his unique take on the Joni Mitchell classic. This performance not only proved that he can sing literally anything (he’s also performed numbers by Boston and Jack White) but that he is also marketable. This song has the most downloads on iTunes out of all the current season 5 contestants.
The Voice is on NBC Mondays 8/7c & Tuesdays 9/8c as well as on some Thursdays 8/7c
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.