1. The Parent Trap was Lindsay Lohan’s first film.
2. A casting search for Annie/Hallie visited eight major cities with open casting calls in both New York and LA before the role was given to Lohan.
3. Michelle Trachtenberg was considered for the part(s) and her birthday is also on October 11th (the same day as Hallie and Annie’s).
4. Nancy Meyers directed the film and went on to direct What Women Want, Something’s Gotta Give and The Holiday.
5. The twins in the 1998 version of The Parent Trap are named after Meyers’ children, Annie and Hallie Meyers-Shyer.
6. One of the main camp counselors, Marva Kulp Jr., is Janice from Friends.
7. When the movie is shown on Disney Channel, the scene where Hallie pierces Annie’s ears is taken out.
8. The scene where Hallie (as Annie) takes a sip of wine is also edited out when shown on Disney Channel.
9. Lindsay Lohan’s brother, Michael, plays the lost boy who accidentally shows up at the all girls camp.
10. When Hallie arrives in London, you can see Lindsay Lohan’s mother Dina and her siblings Dakota, Michael and Ali walking behind her as extras in the airport.
11. Hallie’s nanny’s name is Chessy, not Jessie, as it sometimes sounded like in the film.
12. Actress Joanna Barnes played the wicked girlfriend in the 1961 version of The Parent Trap. She plays the mother of Meredith (the new wicked girlfriend) in the 1998 version. Both characters are named Vicki.
13. The scene in which Nick and Elizabeth see each other in the hotel after years apart is nearly identical to the one in the film My Favorite Wife (1940).
14. The opening wedding scene features the Nat King Cole song “L-O-V-E” and the last (and second wedding) scene features “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” by his daughter, Natalie Cole.
15. The word “actually” was said (and sang) 23 times throughout the film.
Now go find your DVD/VHS tape and enjoy!
All facts courtesy of IMDB.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!