and like this…
15. Greek food is so much more than souvlaki and gyros.
Clockwise: Grilled sausage and meats on the spit; fresh grilled sardines; Greek meatballs in tomato sauce with yogurt; loukoumades (honey doughnuts); portokalopita (orange pie); horta (boiled greens with lemon); and grilled squid with olive oil.
17. Freshest. Seafood. Ever.
Fresh sea urchin roe on the island of Amorgos.
23. Athens’ nightlife goes on till the wee hours every day of the week.
Metamatic:taf art space and bar.
24. Athens’ central market is a wonderland of delicious food.
31. This unsuspecting island village is home to an even more debauched party scene than Mykonos. Any guesses?
This village parties like it’s 1999 (every night). Photo circa 1975 but not much has changed.
37. Rock climbing on the island of Kalymnos is some of the best there is.
But the truth is while we worried about them, maybe they should have been worried about us instead.
Out of a frosty winter, a warm Greek summer awaits.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.