and like this…
15. Greek food is so much more than souvlaki and gyros.
Clockwise: Grilled sausage and meats on the spit; fresh grilled sardines; Greek meatballs in tomato sauce with yogurt; loukoumades (honey doughnuts); portokalopita (orange pie); horta (boiled greens with lemon); and grilled squid with olive oil.
17. Freshest. Seafood. Ever.
Fresh sea urchin roe on the island of Amorgos.
23. Athens’ nightlife goes on till the wee hours every day of the week.
Metamatic:taf art space and bar.
24. Athens’ central market is a wonderland of delicious food.
31. This unsuspecting island village is home to an even more debauched party scene than Mykonos. Any guesses?
This village parties like it’s 1999 (every night). Photo circa 1975 but not much has changed.
37. Rock climbing on the island of Kalymnos is some of the best there is.
But the truth is while we worried about them, maybe they should have been worried about us instead.
Out of a frosty winter, a warm Greek summer awaits.
- An earthquake that struck central Italy Wednesday has killed at least 37 people, officials say. 150 people are still missing.
- Turkish tanks have rolled across the Syrian border. Turkey's president said the operation is aimed against both ISIS and Kurdish fighters.
- And Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York," but he isn't.