28 Reusable Products That'll Make You So Much More Eco-Friendly
Do it for the turtles.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A yoga mat made from recycled bottles so you can enjoy your hot yoga class even more, knowing that you're using an eco-friendly product. The mat will grip as you sweat, has a natural tree fiber base, and can be wiped clean after use.
2. A reusable Baggu shopping bag that'll become your best friend while grocery shopping or running errands. The sturdy handles and construction allow you to hoist items over your shoulder without having to worry about items breaking.
3. A pack of incredibly gorgeous silicone straws so you can ditch the traditional plastic ones and commit to helping to save the turtles! You'll get 10 straws, four carrying cases, and four cleaning squeegees.
4. A fresh water, non-electric bidet to end your continuous waste of traditional toilet paper. All necessary parts are included in your purchase, along with a instructional manual for install. It'll attach to any standard toilet!
5. Reusable K-cup filters that fit a majority of Keurig models and will help lessen the current K-cup pile-up in your garbage. Buying packs of disposable K-cups can get super expensive, so these filters will not only decrease waste, but will help your wallet!
6. Reusable kitchen towels so you can stop stocking up on paper towels that easily accumulate in the trash. They're made of natural plant fiber, are multi-purpose, and soft to use on numerous surfaces.
7. A bamboo and stainless steel razor, because your dinky plastic one ain't cutting it anymore. This will provide a closer, more precise shave and last you a lifetime. When the blades get dull, you won't need to throw the entire thing away!
8. Biodegradable waste bags for dogs so you have peace of mind knowing your pooch's poo won't be floating in a plastic bag in the middle of the ocean. They're extra-thick, leak-proof, and vegetable-based.
9. Biodegradable wheat straw plates and forks that'll be a lot safer around kids than breakable glass dinnerware. They're lightweight, plus dishwasher- and microwave-safe. And they help to decrease your plastic and paper dependence.
10. Bamboo cutlery, because plastic cutlery is often not recyclable and accumulates quickly in landfills. In total, you'll get one fork, one knife, two spoons, a pair of chopsticks, three straws, and a cleaning tool.
11. Organic wool dryer balls to help shorten your drying time (hello improved electricity bill) and reduce wrinkles and static cling, without having to use dryer sheets. Plus switching to dryer balls can improve the health and look of your clothing.
12. Bamboo-handled toothbrushes with charcoal-treated bristles so you never have to worry about it filling up a landfill somewhere. They're durable, biodegradable, and an excellent replacement for those bulky plastic toothbrushes that hog your bathroom counter space.
13. A biodegradable wheat straw bento box, because any easy way to become eco-friendly is switching over to reusable products. This box will become your go-to lunchtime storage option, and will take the place of single-use containers or brown paper bags.
14. And for on-the-go use, an insulated Hydro Flask stainless steel bottle that'll keep your beverage hot for 12 hours and cold for a full 24. It's BPA-free, incredibly durable, and spill-proof.
15. A pack of beeswax wrap to store leftover foods without spoilage. The warmth from your hands will soften the wrap around whatever you want, and the wrap will then cool to create a natural seal.
16. A set of sandwich and snack bags with zipper closures and a fully lined inside (to help with spills). They're moisture-resistant, grease-proof, and dishwasher-safe!
17. Earrings made from recycled leather and clothing scraps that'll add a pop of color to your outfit and look incredibly cute while doing so. Each piece is handmade, customizable, and durable.
18. Gift wrap printed on compostable newsprint with soy-based ink that is sure to brighten the process of gift-giving. It's reversible and includes matching gift tags.
19. Microfiber makeup removing cloths with refined edges so your skin will never get scratched or irritated after use. All you need is water to get the job done and when the cloths are dirtied, you can pop them in the washing machine.
20. A reusable silicone baking mat that'll save you a ton of money on parchment paper, tinfoil, and flour. It's great to use when working with dough since it's non-stick. With clear measurements, any novice baker will feel like a pro when they're finished prepping their pie.
21. A battery charger, because purchasing new batteries when the TV remote dies is far too annoying. This charger will juice up rechargeable AAs or AAAs for continuous use.
22. A 12-pack of air-tight containers that'll store your precious leftovers with no spills. If you've spent so much time making the food, you want it to last! The set includes five different sizes and will replace throw-away containers and single-use plastic bags.
23. Silicone tea infusers to end your obsession with throw-away tea bags that pile up in your kitchen cabinet. The bottoms open up so you can add just the right amount of loose leaf tea. And they're dishwasher-safe!
24. Reusable grocery bags that'll fit snugly into a shopping cart so you can separate groceries as you shop around. Extended handles and double-stitched corners mean they won't rip on you even if you load them up with heavy bottles and frozen foods.
25. A kitchen countertop compost bin with an inner lining to avoid rust and leaks. It also comes with two carbon filters for smells (each filter can last up to six months).
26. Alvababy reusable diapers, because the amount of diapers parents go through (and then trash) is literally sky high. They're waterproof, breathable, and have an inner lining for supreme comfort. Microfiber inserts are also provided to help with leak protection.
27. A pack of energy-efficient LED light bulbs that'll replace 60-watt bulbs but only use 9 watts, saving you 85% in energy. They'll emit a soft white light and have 15,000-hour lifetime.
28. A shampoo and conditioner bar sampler so you can ditch the plastic bottles that clog your shower caddy. You get three shampoo bars and two conditioner bars in total. They're cruelty-free and vegan, plus the packaging they come in is compostable!
When you see one of your besties recycling:
Looking for more? Check out some of the best home organization products on Amazon, the best all-natural cleaning products for your home, the best bathroom cleaning products, organization products perfect for neat freaks, and, of course, our ultimate guide to cleaning every single room in your house.
Still shopping? Check out: