23 Things People Swear By For Getting More Sleep
If you're getting less than eight hours...keep reading.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. An essential oil diffuser that'll transform your bedroom into a spa come nighttime. It can run continuously for five hours, has one- or three-hour timer options, an auto-shutoff, and seven soothing colorful lights.
2. A Dohm sound machine, because you've suffered too long from your S.O.'s ridiculously loud snoring. The fan-based white noise machine lets you choose volume and tone, with a rotating design that allows you to find the exact right pitch.
3. A ventilated memory foam pillow for back, side, and stomach sleepers. It has one hot side and one cool side and will provide the support you need to wake up ache-free.
4. A box of Good Day chocolate melatonin supplements to help you feel sleepy before climbing into bed. They're non-habit forming and incredibly helpful when you're trying to unwind after a long day.
5. A silk pillowcase so you can treat yourself to a luxurious experience each and every night. These pillowcases will also help with bedhead, so just think about the extra time you'll have in the morning to snooze instead of trying to brush through a literal bird's nest.
6. The Nightly app, which'll track your sleep patterns for you (kinda like a personal assistant). It provides soothing videos and playlists, a space to record your dreams, and complete insight into your restless periods.
7. A pair of light-blocking curtains, because accidentally being awoken by creeping rays is seriously annoying. These will tackle noise and help with heat retention, so all-in-all you get way more than you've paid for.
8. A magnesium sleep powder to aid with relaxation. You can add it to a glass of water or tea before bed for a natural tension reliever. It also contains melatonin to help regulate your body's sleep cycle.
9. A lavender spray you can use on your bed linens and pillowcases. There's nothing like drifting off to the sweet and peaceful smell of lavender.
10. Or a bag of organic lavender to set out on your nightstand (for continuous smell), or to brew tea with. You can also flavor water, lemonade, or popsicles!
11. Panasonic earbuds so you can block out noisy roommates and bustling traffic right before bed. They'll mold to your ears for a snug fit, and come equipped with three different sizes of buds.
12. Relax Melodies, an app that allows you to create your own personal mix of sleep sounds. Meditations are available and you can fine tune sound volumes.
13. A pregnancy pillow to provide support from all sides, even if you're not currently preggo. Seriously! It'll cuddle all sides of you so you can drift off to dreamland ASAP.
14. A LectroFan white noise machine with 10 unique fan and white noise options. The volume is totally up to you and it has a one-hour time setting. Oh, and it's tiny enough for travel.
15. A weighted blanket that literally mimics the weight of a hug to give you a little TLC while you're drifting off to sleep. The blanket will form to your body and is filled with glass beads to control temperature.
16. Purrli.com for every cat lover out there. It legitimately mimics a cat's purring to help calm you. And you can customize said cat purring to your exact liking.
17. Fuzzy wool socks to combat chilly AC nights and freezing winters. They're the perfect mix of breathable and warm, so you won't wind up ripping them off mid-sleep from overheating.
18. Lush "Sleepy" body lotion so you get a great night's sleep and super moisturized skin at the same time. The scent of lavender and tonka perfume will soothe you, while the cocoa and almond butter will seep into your skin to restore hydration and firmness.
19. A Himalayan salt lamp that'll emit a tranquil amber light, replacing any nightlight that's too bright and disruptive. It comes with an included 15-watt bulb and is crack- and and corrosion-resistant.
20. A neck roll pillow to support your neck and/or chin while snoozing. It's lightweight, compact, and includes a removable cover for easy washing.
21. The Pzizz app, because who wouldn't want to fall asleep to beautiful dreamscapes and remixed sounds specific to you? It'll provide custom wakeup sounds, sleep tracking, and routine reminders. It also has a Focus feature for when you need to get stuff done.
22. A pack of Neuro Sleep that contains melatonin, magnesium, and L-theanine (found in green tea) with a mixed berry taste. It'll regulate your sleep cycle, allowing you to fall asleep more easily and on-schedule. Sometimes your body's cycle just gets out of wack and needs some guidance to get back on track.
23. A pack of Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea made with valerian root and chamomile (that's gluten- and caffeine-free) to sip before bed. It'll make your lids closer faster than you think, so forget that glass of milk your mom told you about.
You, after buying all these products and finally sleeping well for once in your life:
Looking for more ways to get a good night's rest? Check out the best bedding you can get online, our favorite mattresses you can get on Amazon, the best bed frames to get on Amazon if you need somewhere to put that new mattress, and the best pillows on Amazon to finish off your new bedroom setup.
For more content, check out: