1. First off, you can't deny that there's something special about seeing palm trees decorated with Christmas lights.
Who needs snow to have a beautiful winter?
2. ... And boats!
Nautical Christmas themes work surprisingly well, and Miami has it down pat.
3. Santa's Enchanted Forest is the #1 best place to people watch around Christmastime.
4. It's probably the easiest American city to find a caja china for your roast Christmas pork.
A caja china is a device that lets you roast pork for a traditional Christmas Eve dinner. The result is both delicious and a little frightening.
5. In Miami, sitting back and watching your friends in other cities complain about the cold is always a fun Christmastime treat.
6. Our snow men are pretty unique.
7. You can revel in those post-Basel vibes.
8. The mosquitoes chill for like half a second in December.
9. The giant Christmas tree on Miracle Mile will make your heart soar.
10. And The Christmas Castle features beautiful lights for a good cause.
11. Farm Stores' eggnog is manufactured in heaven by nog-loving angels.
12. And, chances are, you know someone who knows someone who makes the best coquito in all of Miami.
It's like eggnog, only made with coconut and rum. And then more rum.
13. Even if you're not Latin@ or even celebrate Christmas, you're likely aware of amazing Spanish-language Christmas songs. Like "Mi Burrito Sabanero."
14. And don't forget its various remixes.
15. And when I say "various," I mean it.
16. ... Of course, every good Miamian knows the most important remix is our hometown boy DJ Laz's.
17. People go unnecessarily overboard with their winter clothes here, because well. It's our only chance!
Go ahead and wear three sweaters, that Old Navy fleece you got eight Christmases ago and never had an opportunity to wear, two scarves, a hat, and a puffer vest at the same time even though it's 75 degrees out. It's Christmas!