1. As you may be aware (since nobody seems to be talking about anything else!), presidential candidate Donald Trump has come under fire for recent comments he made on CNN regarding Thursday’s GOP debate moderator and Fox News host Megyn Kelly.
Speaking to Don Lemon about the debate, Trump said that Kelly had “blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”
2. Trump’s comment was widely interpreted as referencing menstruation, though he’s doubled back and tweeted it was actually about Kelly’s nose.
3. But now people are tweeting at Trump and using the hashtag #PeriodsAreNotAnInsult:
7. And even people who don’t get periods are chiming in:
9. The website and Twitter campaign were spearheaded by Amber Gordon, who launched the feminist site Femsplain earlier this year.
Gordon told BuzzFeed she was inspired to create the campaign Saturday while reading about Trump’s comments. In the midst of dealing with her own period and listening to Cher’s “Red” (Yes!), she found herself thinking, “Man, I would love to do nothing more than tweet at Trump and let him know I’m on my period.” The site provides an easy way to do just that (complete with instant emojis).
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC 👭