1. You divide your life into "pre-Hurricane Andrew" and "post-Hurricane Andrew."
2. You can sum up a LOT about your childhood in two words: Dan Marino.
3. And in three more words: Miami Dolphins Zubaz.
4. Everyone you knew had a firm opinion regarding the Elián González situation from the moment he arrived in Miami in 1999.
5. You were all about Miami Subs' sandwiches and fries.
6. You vividly remember being shaken by Gianni Versace's 1997 death.
7. You still can't get used to the fact that Parrot Jungle is no longer in Pinecrest.
8. Even if you weren't into baseball, you could be proud of the Marlins' big 1997 World Series win.
9. And you have fond memories of this dude, outside the museum of science.
10. You felt a surge of pride when hometown girl Gloria Estefan's song "Reach" was named the official theme of the 1996 Summer Olympics.
11. You became VERY upset when the Miami Seaquarium replaced its terrifying shark sculpture you remember from childhood with some basic-ass dolphins.
Sharks >>>> Dolphins