Guys. Can we talk about fruitcake for a second?
1. A lot of fruitcake's bad rep stems from people's seeming inability to take a nice picture of it.
...But look what some nice lighting and arrangement can do:
2. But more often than not, the anti-fruitcake sentiment is ill-conceived hatred-bandwagoning.
Be real: Have you even TASTED it? DON'T BE A SHEEP.
3. I mean, it can be soaked in booze.
4. And the recipe is quite versatile.
Like those weird green cherries? Put in a bunch. Hate nuts? Don't include them. Swap the cherries for apricots. Add figs. Include almonds and walnuts but not cashews. Coat the whole thing in powdered sugar, top it off with a glaze. YOU DO YOU.
5. And, yes. Homemade fruitcakes don't taste anything like the boxed version you've been re-gifting for seven generations.
6. It's fruitcake's world and we're just living in it.
7. Johnny Depp looks good saying it.
So, tell us. Do you like fruitcake?
Yes!No!TBH, I've never tried it!Yes, but I always pick off those bright green cherry... things.
In Defense Of Fruitcake
vote votesTBH, I've never tried it!
vote votesYes, but I always pick off those bright green cherry... things.