1. Becoming annoyed that basically every costume for sale is made of polyester, aka The Devil's Synthetic.
It traps sweat and roasts you alive as you wear it. Which is actually pretty ideal for Halloween.
2. Crying because all the chocolate treats you collected have melted into a messy slop.
3. Wondering why it is that people hand out candy and not slushies.
4. Knowing that, no matter what you dress as, you'll look like a molten sad clown by the end of the night.
5. Having to default to a "sexy" version of any given costume because anything else would result in heat exhaustion.
6. Cursing yourself for thinking wearing a mask was a good idea.
You can no longer tell the difference between your tears and beads of face sweat.
7. Just admitting defeat and wearing whatever is going to keep you least sweaty.
8. Being too itchy to even enjoy your candy, thanks to one million mosquito bites.
9. Praying that the haunted house is air conditioned, so at least you can be comfortable while screaming for your life.
10. Wondering if you should just wear some sort of festive ear situation and call it a costume.
11. Not bothering to put up decorations because it's too hot to care.
12. Accepting that your jack-o'-lantern will turn into toxic waste within a week.
13. Hoping that no one eggs your house or one near yours because it will smell like a sewer in .3 seconds.
14. Watching movies where Halloween looks like a golden autumnal wonderland... and then looking outside and seeing a swamp.