Flamin' Hot Cheetos are, quite obviously, the perfect food.
But we wondered whether it'd be possible to make Flamin' Hot Cheetos seem a bit more... adult.
You know, fancy. Elegant. Socially appropriate.
One brave chef rose to the challenge...
Chef Troy Guard!
Behold his creation: A Flamin' Hot Cheetos and steak salad with pickled rhubarb dressing.
And the good news is that you can make it at home!
Here's what you'll need:
1. Rub your steak with oil and seasoning.
2. Next, sear that beautiful steak!
3. Cook your steak to medium rare, or until it reaches 130-135 degree internal temperature.
4. Make sure to save all the goodness from your pan!
5. When the meat is done cooking, let it rest 5 minutes, then slice.
6. Shred, chop, dice, and slice all your lovely veggies accordingly.
7. Combine all your dressing ingredients.
8. Toss your salad in the rhubarb dressing, making sure to add all the leftover goodness you have from your steak pan.
9. Assemble your steak, dressed greens, and tomatoes onto a plate, then top with more pickled rhubarb for garnish.
10. Then: ADD FLAMIN' HOT CHEETOS!
And I'm not saying you have to eat your Cheetos steak salad with the beach as your backdrop, but it definitely doesn't hurt.
Spicy Cheeto and Steak Salad with Rhubarb Dressing
Recipe by Chef Troy Guard
4 oz. baby mixed greens
4 oz. kale, shredded
16 pc cherry tomatoes, cut in half
3 T chopped cilantro
½ c Flamin' Hot Cheetos
1 T olive oil
For the steak:
12 oz. sirloin, little fat cap left on
3 T steak seasoning
3 T olive oil (any type of salad oil will suffice)
For the dressing:
¼ c white balsamic
¼ c olive oil (or any type of salad oil)
½ t shallot, mince
3 T lime juice
1 T Dijon mustard
3 T pickled rhubarb, diced
Pinch salt and pepper
1. Rub steak with oil and seasoning.
2.Grill on charcoal or wood grill for best flavor. Cook to medium rare, or until meat reaches 130-135 degree internal temperature.
3.Let rest 5 minutes, then slice.
4. Combine all dressing ingredients, shake or whisk together.
5. Toss salad with dressing, portion onto 4 plates.
6. Garnish with Cheetos!