25 People Shared Their Dark Family Secrets, And It's Equally Juicy And Shocking
Somebody call Maury!
If you clicked on this article, you're obviously here for mess, so I won't hold you up before we get to the good stuff. Just know that Reddit user u/AbsoluteHavoc recently went viral when they asked the internet, "What family secret was finally spilled in your family?" These are the top-voted replies:
1. Uncle spilled a drunk secret:
2. Incest ran in the family:
3. Uncle's army troop fostered a baby:
4. Auntie has a different dad from everyone else:
5. Grandma was a bootlegger:
6. Their parents got married because they were expecting:
7. An unknown sister showed up at their dad's funeral:
8. Grandma and Grandpa got married for insurance:
9. Mom's gambling debt:
10. Grandma's long-lost child:
11. Their dad died and nobody told them:
12. Their cousin is their sister:
13. "My grandmother had an affair with the gynecologist who delivered my dad. We learned about this after she died when we found some of the letters they exchanged."
14. Grandpa was in the Secret Service:
15. My mom was a 90-day fiancé:
16. "The nanny I had when I was younger was actually my dad's attempted sister-wife."
17. Auntie's husband was not their father:
18. "My great-great-grandfather was exiled and banned from Missouri for being a sheep thief."
19. My sister's cancer brought out the truth:
20. Grandma's secret recipe was KFC:
21. "My dad fathered a child in high school. His side of the family knew, as did my mom. We found out, years after he died, that we have a half sister."
22. "Found out my uncle is actually my brother. My mom had him when she was young, so my grandparents raised him."
23. Grandpa was an atomic soldier:
24. Mom cheated on my dad with my now-stepfather:
25. "My great-grandma was Cherokee. I took a DNA test and have no Cherokee ancestry. (I have questions.)"
Now I have to know – what family secrets have you uncovered? Let us know in the comments.
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.