4. Use discarded paper to line a box containing something fragile.
Pack away your Christmas decorations with padding, or decorate a gift basket or box for a gift. Nothing says “I care” more than a box full of crumpled wrapping paper.
5. Construct and hang decorative streamers.
A hole punch and some string + your leftover wrapping paper = beautiful party decorations for NYE, your next bash, or just because. Follow this tutorial, and make sure to measure the distance between the ceiling and punch bowl to avoid any potential disasters.
14. Use leftover tissue paper to make hanging pompoms.
This can also be achieved with wrapping paper, but tissue paper has a little bit more give to work with. Check out the tutorial in the video, or written instructions here.
15. Beautify a clipboard.
Make one of these as an organizational tool for around the house, or as a portable drawing surface for kids so that they can take their coloring with them in the car, or just away from your walls.
18. Design cardboard tube art.
Not only does leftover wrapping paper get wasted, but after you’ve used it all up with these projects, don’t throw away the tubes. This 3D art will look way cooler than the photo of your family you were planning to hang anyways.
19. Create floating shelves out of old boxes and line them with wrapping paper.
Give your home a DIY makeover with these awesome 3D shelves that can be made from recycling not only wrapping paper, but some of those clementine boxes from the grocery store that you can never stomach throwing away because they’re all nice and wooden and nice.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏