- 2 Aldi Fillet Steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 10 grams butter
- ½ tablespoon oil
- 250 grams chestnut mushrooms, clean and roughly chopped
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig thyme
- 7 slices prosciutto ham
- Ready roll puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- Bundt tin
1. Start by carefully slicing one of the steaks into three and the other into four pieces. Place on a baking tray and brush both sides with oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place a frying pan over high heat and leave pan to get piping hot!
3. Once the pan is smoking, carefully place the steak and brown on all sides. Make sure you don’t keep the steaks in the pan for too long, as you want to keep the centers as pink as possible!
4. Place the steak pieces onto a baking tray, cover, and place in the fridge for later use.
5. In a skillet, add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, and thyme and mix together thoroughly.
6. Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and butter, followed by the mushroom mixture.
7. Fry for around 10 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture starts to look dry.
8. Leave to cool completely.
9. Take the puff pastry and roll out to around 2 millimeters. Cut into seven rectangles big enough to encase the steaks, leaving around 1 centimeter at each end to crimp with a fork.
10. Take each pastry rectangle, place a piece of parma ham in the center, spread 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture over the parma ham, then place the steak on top.
11. Wrap the ham around the steak.
12. Egg wash the edges and encase the steak with the pastry, crimping the end with a fork.
13. Place into a bundt tin, brush with the egg yolk and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
14. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
15. Remove from the freezer and bake for 20 minutes. For the remaining 5 minutes, turn up the oven to 200°C (400°F). The pastry should be golden brown and cooked through.
16. Once cooked, remove from the bundt tin. Slice each mini Wellington diagonally in half and turn one half on its side to reveal the perfectly cooked center!
17. Dip in mustard and enjoy!