1. "It's starting earlier and earlier every year!" you're told.
2. All around the world, there's joy and cheer!
3. It feels like you're the only person who's not getting ludicrously carried away.
4. Still, let's get in the Christmas spirit and put the tree up.
5. If you have children or animals in the house, you've probably learned that a small shrub is actually the only sensible option.
6. Hate Christmas trees.
7. OK, but you can put some tasteful lights up outside, right?
WRONG. There is no such thing as a tasteful set of fairy lights.
8. Reminder that these, too, are more hassle than it's worth.
9. True fact: There is nothing on earth more prone to getting tangled than fairy lights, including all forms of mammalian hair.
Then after five minutes one blows and the whole circuit goes down. You don't fix them because you always suspected they were a giant fire hazard in the first place.
10. Still, it's time for some last-minute Christmas shopping now!
11. You remember the spirit of Christmas is screwed.
12. It just feels like Santa's working harder and harder every year.
13. In summary: The Christmas shopping experience in one simple picture.
You are all three of these individuals, all at once.
14. The big day comes, and it's time to see the family!
15. Why is it you only see them once a year again?
16. Still, you all do your best to get in the party mood.
Faces of Christmas.