1. These pages are from the Codex Seraphinianus.
2. The title means “The Manuscript of Serafini”.
3. The book portrays Serafini’s imagined world in two sections. The first half deals with flora, fauna and physics, and the second aspects of human life.
4. It’s full of surreal and highly detailed depictions of maps, people and things.
5. And it’s written in a language that analysts have never managed to decode.
6. It runs from left to right, has capitals, and some letters only occur at the beginning and ends of words.
7. The letters look a little like those in the Sinhala alphabet.
8. Serafini has said that there’s no hidden meaning behind the words, and that it was written in a similar way to automatic writing.
9. But there’s still masses of analysis online.
11. A new edition was released last year. You can buy it here.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎