1. These pages are from the Codex Seraphinianus.
2. The title means “The Manuscript of Serafini”.
3. The book portrays Serafini’s imagined world in two sections. The first half deals with flora, fauna and physics, and the second aspects of human life.
4. It’s full of surreal and highly detailed depictions of maps, people and things.
5. And it’s written in a language that analysts have never managed to decode.
6. It runs from left to right, has capitals, and some letters only occur at the beginning and ends of words.
7. The letters look a little like those in the Sinhala alphabet.
8. Serafini has said that there’s no hidden meaning behind the words, and that it was written in a similar way to automatic writing.
9. But there’s still masses of analysis online.
11. A new edition was released last year. You can buy it here.
- Donald Trump and his supporters have filed lawsuits to stop Jill Stein's vote recount in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
- Facebook scammers are profiting from pipeline protesters at Standing Rock by stealing Native American artwork.
- The death toll from Tennessee wildfires has risen 13. Hundreds of buildings are damaged.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿