1. Billy Standley came up with the idea for his funeral 18 years ago.
On Friday, Jan 31st, he got his wish. He was taken to his grave in Crawford County, Ohio, atop a 1967 Harley in a Plexiglass casket. His sons made the casket, reinforcing the bottom with wood and steel rods.
2. Five embalmers worked to prepare Standley’s body with a metal back brace and straps to ensure he’ll never lose his seat.
“He’d done right by us all these years, and at least we could see he goes out the way he wanted to,” his son Pete Standley said.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- The Trump administration is silent hours after Russia arrested hundreds of people protesting corruption under Putin.
- United Airlines stopped 3 girls from flying because they were wearing leggings, and said the rule only applies to travelers on "company benefit travel."
- 'Orange Is The New Black' actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴