1. Since appearing in the show, she’s swapped a horse and cart for cab rides and casting calls as a full time model.
2. Growing up she was forbidden from having her picture taken because of traditional Amish beliefs.
3. On top of school work she spent hours in the fields pitching hay as well as cooking, cleaning and looking after her family.
4. She said: “Before school I would go out and feed the cows. After school I’d take care of the calves, I make dinner for the family and spend about six hours at a time just out in the fields raking hay.”
5. But after appearing in the show and being signed by Major Model Management, Kate’s life changed overnight.
6. She said: “I actually found it really hard to get used to New York because it’s so loud and there’s so many people.”
7. “If I were to even show my father face to face a lingerie picture that I took he would probably burn it and tell me that I’m going to hell.”
8. “The Amish think that modelling is one of the worst things a woman can do, they see it as flaunting your body and being vain.”
9. “Even though they don’t approve of my lifestyle they’re always telling me to come back home. I couldn’t ask for better parents or better brothers and sisters.”
10. However, the show has attracted controversy.
After airing the first episode it was reported by several news outlets that all of the cast had left their respective communities prior to taping the show, or that they were already married. It’s also been reported that the relationships between cast members were portrayed inaccurately.