1. Ok everyone. Let’s not panic unduly.
2. BUT WHAT IN GOD’S NAME IS THIS?
3. Schoolgirl Georgina Heap, 16, was playing tennis with her mother Jo Heap when she saw the ring in the sky near Warwick Castle.
It stayed in the sky for three minutes and then disappeared.
The fire brigade has said there were no reports of a fire nearby and the Met Office has said it’s not weather related.
The Daily Mail quotes a UFO expert who says: “One other possibility is that the shape is made up of millions of bees or other insects, but I’ve never heard of insects behaving in this way before, so if this is the explanation, it’s a real-life X-File.”
4. Georgina describes it as “the weirdest thing I have ever seen”.
But let’s not panic everyone. Let’s just stay calm. It’s all going to be fine.
5. Updated – April 15, 10.55 GMT: a Redditor claims to have an explanation:
This is likely going to be in the news shortly (or not, because debunking stuff isn’t as fun as the conspiracies) but this was actually just a smoke ring from Warwick Castle. My friend works there and they did their usual trebuchet show where they shoot huge fireballs and it just so happened to create this smoke ring. He’s sent his photo over to The Daily Mail.