2. As Variety reports:
He was one of the first of TV’s leading men to cross over into films in the ’60s with such popular movies as “The Thrill of It All” and “The Americanization of Emily.” But he had his greatest impact in television, first on “Maverick” in the ’50s and then in the ’70s on “The Rockford Files,” for which he won an Emmy in 1977.
3. He won an Emmy for his acting in The Rockford Files in 1977.
4. He was also nominated for an Oscar for his role in Murphy’s Romance.
He starred in the 1994 big screen version of Maverick alongside Mel Gibson, and also played the older version of Ryan Gosling’s character in The Notebook.
Variety reports: “Garner is survived by his wife, to whom he had been married since 1956; his daughter Greta; and an adopted daughter, Kimberly, from his wife’s first marriage.”
This post has been corrected to reflect the fact that some of the information was taken from Variety.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 90 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩