A Pensioner In Devon Says He Found A Wolf Spider In His Cocoa And The End Of Days May Have Begun
Here is Peter Blight, 73, from Devon, and just look at the trauma in his eyes.
Why is he so upset with that jar of cocoa?
Because after buying it from a branch of Morrisons in Tiverton, he got through about a third of it, and this is what he says he found...
DEAD CHOCOLATE SPIDER NOPE.
He told SWNS:
I don't for the life of me understand how a spider could have got in there. I used to work in a dairy lab in Crediton where we made chocolate and we used to have all these safety measures. All I was interested in was the health and safety aspect. But I had to tell them it was no laughing matter. They just took the jar and told me they'd send it off to Cadbury. I decided because of their lack of urgency, I'd be stupid to leave the spider with them.
Then he contacted Cadbury. He told the North Devon Journal:
I was put through to health and safety who promptly told me it was not their job, but that I should contact food standards. They told me the same and that I should contact the environment authority. I am simply baffled by the lack of real concern by any of these bodies.
He said he got a £15 voucher as a token of goodwill, but turned it down.
He told the North Devon Journal: "It's not about money, it's about health and safety." He's now stopped shopping in Morrisons and buying Cadbury products.
Morrisons has referred the problem to Cadbury. The North Devon Journal quotes a Cadbury spokesperson:
This sounds very unpleasant for Mr Blight and we have sent him a pre-paid envelope so that he can send the spider back to us. Once it's returned, we will carry out an investigation to see how this could have occurred.