1. This outfit is backed by the Colombian government’s Ministry of Sport and sponsored by the city of Bogota.
As spotted at the Giro Toscana in Italy. In which the highest-placed Colombian finished 19th, so it doesn’t appear to have helped.
3. No, it really is that bad and yes it needs to be stopped.
5. And the answer is, on the evidence of just the last two months, probably not.
It’s not, as initially suggested, the national team’s kit: It’s the colours of IDRD-Bogotá Humana-San Mateo-Solgar (who are backed by the Colombian Federation).
As it happens, the picture’s virality has brought the issue of female cyclists’ wages into the spotlight. As this post points out:
“You can be outraged by an unflattering photo.
Or you can be outraged by the fact that the people running the sport still haven’t bought forward meaningful change to ensure that women are not on the end of enduring sexism in the sport where their right to a fair wage for a professional job is still considered less important than the design of their kit.”
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘