There are a bunch of sites and forums devoted to rounding up the best freebies on the internet; Reddit’s r/freebies (which is for physical items) and r/efreebies (non-physical) subreddits are both fantastic resources — check them out and be sure to submit things you find in your travels as well. Value Mags offers free magazine subscriptions, and Start Sampling has tons of product samples and coupons.
Some deals require Facebook likes or tweets in order to claim them, and nearly all ask you to submit personal information like your name and address (so use your judgement in terms of what you’re comfortable giving out). And be aware that most of these offers are limited time and limited stock (although public domain audiobooks are forever <3). And as the age-old saying goes, when one internet deal you never knew you needed closes, another opens.
Right now, you could be the proud owner of…
2. Signed (fake) celebrity photos.
Celebrity Merchandise is a beautiful cesspool of quasi-random celebs and their corresponding swag; even shipping is free on some of these photos.
7. Pet safety magnets/stickers from the ASPCA.
To alert rescue workers or neighbors that there are pets inside your house.
10. Thousands of public-domain audiobooks.
Libri Vox is an incredible site where volunteers record audiobooks in the public domain — this means you can download or stream them totally for free. There are plenty of classic favorites, from James Joyce to Jane Austen, as well as children’s books, poetry, and many, many more. And if you’re interested, you can always volunteer to read a chapter or two (or an entire book) yourself.
13. A TRIP TO SPACE.
Like, basically: Sign up at the Planetary Society to have your name inscribed on a spaceship going to the asteroid Bennu, which will launch in 2016 and return in 2023. So even if you’ve accomplished nothing else today, at least you can become part of a years-long interstellar mission.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an 8th continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.