1. Junk Mail Painting began because Zoë Nageotte kept needing to clean out her junk mail folder.
“I actually started reading the subject lines of these things,” she said, “and realizing how hilarious they were, and sharing them with colleagues.” She figured they’d be even funnier “if interpreted literally and illustrated, like a class doodle.” They do have a certain poetic quality.
7. There are also a surprisingly large number of junk emails related to blueberries.
The origins of which Nageotte says she has “literally no idea.”
11. For more, check out Junk Mail Painting.
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Inside the final days of the FARC, Colombia's 50-year-old rebel group, which is on the verge of signing a peace treaty with the government.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.