1. Junk Mail Painting began because Zoë Nageotte kept needing to clean out her junk mail folder.
“I actually started reading the subject lines of these things,” she said, “and realizing how hilarious they were, and sharing them with colleagues.” She figured they’d be even funnier “if interpreted literally and illustrated, like a class doodle.” They do have a certain poetic quality.
7. There are also a surprisingly large number of junk emails related to blueberries.
The origins of which Nageotte says she has “literally no idea.”
11. For more, check out Junk Mail Painting.
- DNC Day 2: Bill Clinton took the crowd down memory lane, and then Hillary broke through a virtual glass ceiling 💥
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.
- 🍎📉: Apple's business is declining due to slowing iPhone sales, but the company is still making a ton of money.