1. Junk Mail Painting began because Zoë Nageotte kept needing to clean out her junk mail folder.
“I actually started reading the subject lines of these things,” she said, “and realizing how hilarious they were, and sharing them with colleagues.” She figured they’d be even funnier “if interpreted literally and illustrated, like a class doodle.” They do have a certain poetic quality.
7. There are also a surprisingly large number of junk emails related to blueberries.
The origins of which Nageotte says she has “literally no idea.”
11. For more, check out Junk Mail Painting.
- Thousands of people hit the streets Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.