The goal is to share “share pins and boards that range from inspiring images and quotes to infographics that help explain key issues to details about the life inside the White House.”
The only two accounts they’re following are the U.S. Army and the National Guard.
It’s a glamour shot of Bo Obama in the snow and an invitation for pinners to enter a contest to visit the White House on Dec. 17, when they’ll get to check out the holiday décor and do a craft project that the White House would like them to share with their followers on Pinterest. (If you missed your chance to enter, you’re out of luck — registration has closed.)
5. The White House also asked pinners to leave comments under the Bo card about what the White House should pin.
Suggestions range from recipes to “historical, but everyday parts of the White House” to Michelle Obama’s wardrobe. There are also plenty of expressions of extreme Bo Obama fandom: “I declare right now that I will be disappointed if the White House boards aren’t at least 75% Bo. Love that pup!” And: “Love you Bo… You are beautiful in the snow!!!!!”
The White House starts pinning for real on Dec. 17.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the the country's economy ✈️
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏