1. Queen Elizabeth II stopped by the Poppy Factory to watch employees make the iconic flowers.
She went in honor of Remembrance Day, which recognizes British veterans who have died in the line of duty. It’s also called Armistice Day or, fittingly, Poppy Day.
2. She seemed really happy to be there.
3. The Factory has made over 12,000,000 poppies and 107,000 wreaths this year.
They also help wounded and returning veterans find employment in the United Kingdom.
6. These ones were made especially for the Queen and the Royal Family.
Hi Kate! Hi Will!
7. This dog was very dignified in the presence of the Queen.
The dog’s name is Kerrie and belongs to one of the Poppy Factory employees as a guide dog.
8. This solar-powered model of the Queen looked on as the real one made her rounds.
My roommate has one of these. It waves.
9. She even made her own poppy.
10. And left looking even more delighted than when she’d arrived.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber has ordered an "urgent investigation" into an engineer's claim that she repeatedly experienced workplace sexism.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩