1. Queen Elizabeth II stopped by the Poppy Factory to watch employees make the iconic flowers.
She went in honor of Remembrance Day, which recognizes British veterans who have died in the line of duty. It’s also called Armistice Day or, fittingly, Poppy Day.
2. She seemed really happy to be there.
3. The Factory has made over 12,000,000 poppies and 107,000 wreaths this year.
They also help wounded and returning veterans find employment in the United Kingdom.
6. These ones were made especially for the Queen and the Royal Family.
Hi Kate! Hi Will!
7. This dog was very dignified in the presence of the Queen.
The dog’s name is Kerrie and belongs to one of the Poppy Factory employees as a guide dog.
8. This solar-powered model of the Queen looked on as the real one made her rounds.
My roommate has one of these. It waves.
9. She even made her own poppy.
10. And left looking even more delighted than when she’d arrived.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 24. Officials still need to search 80% of the building.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂