1. Make it harder to hit snooze.
By the time you’ve dragged your body from point A to point B, chances are you’ll feel much more awake.
2. Walk Me Up is an app that forces you to take a certain number of steps before the alarm will shut off.
3. Have morning sex.
Not only will it burn calories and unleash a heaping dose of oxytocin, you’ll feel totally smug for the rest of the day.
9. If you own a coffee maker with a preset option, have it start brewing a few minutes before you’re supposed to wake up.
The smell and the promise of caffeine-y goodness will coax you out of bed, as well as eliminate one little task.
13. Drink a glass of water right after you wake up.
It’ll speed your metabolism and help rehydrate you after a long night of NO LIQUIDS AT ALL.
(And this is ~not~ scientific but if you try to go back to sleep after that, chances are you’ll have to pee and be forced out of bed anyway.)
15. Leave important reminders on your bag or keys.
Or anything that you can’t possibly leave the house without.
17. Pepper your alarms with sweet little reminders.
20. Have a baby.
This is not so much a trick as a side effect; bringing a squalling poop factory into your life is a surefire way to never (be able to) laze around in bed again.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀