1. Make it harder to hit snooze.
By the time you’ve dragged your body from point A to point B, chances are you’ll feel much more awake.
2. Walk Me Up is an app that forces you to take a certain number of steps before the alarm will shut off.
3. Have morning sex.
Not only will it burn calories and unleash a heaping dose of oxytocin, you’ll feel totally smug for the rest of the day.
9. If you own a coffee maker with a preset option, have it start brewing a few minutes before you’re supposed to wake up.
The smell and the promise of caffeine-y goodness will coax you out of bed, as well as eliminate one little task.
13. Drink a glass of water right after you wake up.
It’ll speed your metabolism and help rehydrate you after a long night of NO LIQUIDS AT ALL.
(And this is ~not~ scientific but if you try to go back to sleep after that, chances are you’ll have to pee and be forced out of bed anyway.)
15. Leave important reminders on your bag or keys.
Or anything that you can’t possibly leave the house without.
17. Pepper your alarms with sweet little reminders.
20. Have a baby.
This is not so much a trick as a side effect; bringing a squalling poop factory into your life is a surefire way to never (be able to) laze around in bed again.
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.