1. Move a cluttered desktop into one folder.
And then sort through it chronologically to get rid of anything you don’t need and make new folders for stuff you want to keep.
2. Kill your tabs with the Tab Killer extension.
It files them away for later without cluttering your bookmarks bar.
9. Unsubscribe manually by simply searching for the word “unsubscribe” in your inbox.
You can weed through yourself and figure out exactly what you want to keep.
11. Or just check your Birthdays tab and unfriend anyone who you don’t feel the need to follow anymore.
Everyone has a birthday, so this is an insanely easy way to prune your list. Plus, in the deluge of birthday greetings, they’ll never even realize you’re gone.
14. You can tag your LinkedIn contacts to better manage them, and create your own custom tags.
(That only you can see.)
22. ManageFlitter is an app that helps organize people you’re following on Twitter so you can decide who to unfollow.
It sorts by people who don’t follow you back, people who’ve been inactive for a set period of time, and people who might be spam.
(Btw anyone who chooses to tweet the number of people who aren’t following them on Twitter has my deepest sympathy and scorn.)
- Two weeks until Nov 8, there is no shortage of election forecasts. BuzzFeed's data reporters break down what the numbers mean.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️