Malaysian artist-architect “Red” Hong Yi is no stranger to working with unusual materials.
For the Chinese New Year, she used makeup to depict various scenes and symbols, and posted the images to her Instagram.
“Chinese art requires a lot of precision and skill,” she wrote of the project on DesignBoom. “One stroke can make a huge difference, and many times, less is more. I felt that this is similar to how a woman carefully puts on her make-up.”
9. Opera mask made from nail polish, eyeliner, and eyeshadow:
12. And a landscape, made from eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏