Malaysian artist-architect “Red” Hong Yi is no stranger to working with unusual materials.
For the Chinese New Year, she used makeup to depict various scenes and symbols, and posted the images to her Instagram.
“Chinese art requires a lot of precision and skill,” she wrote of the project on DesignBoom. “One stroke can make a huge difference, and many times, less is more. I felt that this is similar to how a woman carefully puts on her make-up.”
9. Opera mask made from nail polish, eyeliner, and eyeshadow:
12. And a landscape, made from eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner.
- Today's the fourth and final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- French prosecutors have identified the second suspect in the priest killing in Normandy as 19-year-old Abdel Malik Petitjean.
- The US Justice Department backed Obama's transgender policies in court after Texas and other states sued to block the rules.