Malaysian artist-architect “Red” Hong Yi is no stranger to working with unusual materials.
For the Chinese New Year, she used makeup to depict various scenes and symbols, and posted the images to her Instagram.
“Chinese art requires a lot of precision and skill,” she wrote of the project on DesignBoom. “One stroke can make a huge difference, and many times, less is more. I felt that this is similar to how a woman carefully puts on her make-up.”
9. Opera mask made from nail polish, eyeliner, and eyeshadow:
12. And a landscape, made from eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner.
- Speaking on Tuesday, German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸
- Ikea is expected to offer refunds in what's being reported as an unprecedented recall of more than 25 million dressers.