Malaysian artist-architect “Red” Hong Yi is no stranger to working with unusual materials.
For the Chinese New Year, she used makeup to depict various scenes and symbols, and posted the images to her Instagram.
“Chinese art requires a lot of precision and skill,” she wrote of the project on DesignBoom. “One stroke can make a huge difference, and many times, less is more. I felt that this is similar to how a woman carefully puts on her make-up.”
9. Opera mask made from nail polish, eyeliner, and eyeshadow:
12. And a landscape, made from eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲