1. When done properly, shearing is a process that doesn’t hurt the animals involved, and can even save them from the pain of carrying excess weight.
But knitters, crocheters, and fiber-lovers alike still owe a big thank-you to…
Not to be confused with their identically-named rabbit brethren, angora goats don’t provide angora yarn but rather mohair.
The family that beards together stays together.
They’re responsible for qiviut, which is one of the nicest yarns you can possibly buy (and the most expensive — I’ve seen skeins go for nearly $100 apiece because of their warmth, durability, and seeming inability to shrink).
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's pick for EPA chief, refused to say at his confirmation hearing if he would recuse himself from lawsuits he filed against the EPA.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺