1. When done properly, shearing is a process that doesn’t hurt the animals involved, and can even save them from the pain of carrying excess weight.
But knitters, crocheters, and fiber-lovers alike still owe a big thank-you to…
Not to be confused with their identically-named rabbit brethren, angora goats don’t provide angora yarn but rather mohair.
The family that beards together stays together.
They’re responsible for qiviut, which is one of the nicest yarns you can possibly buy (and the most expensive — I’ve seen skeins go for nearly $100 apiece because of their warmth, durability, and seeming inability to shrink).
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing Obamacare repeal and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos defended the Trump administration rescinding transgender protections, despite reports she opposed the effort.
- Indiana police released chilling audio in the case two teens found dead in the woods — a voice captured on one of their phones saying "down the hill."
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.