20. Here’s another demonstration of gigantic knitting.
You can either buy huge needles (I have a set of 50s that are more like broom handles) or make them yourself, using PVC pipes or, fittingly, broom handles.
21. And even if you don’t have enormous needles, you can always use your arms.
Arm-knitting is an incredibly fast and tactilely-pleasing way to whip up these huge projects for yourself. Wondering where to find such big yarn? You can buy it, or get creative by holding a ton of strands of more standard-weight yarn together at once (I think my record is 14) or by slicing up old sheets and t-shirts to make fabric yarn. The world is your oyster.
If you dig tiny knitting as much as huge knitting, then you, my friend, have just had your day made.
- 35 people were arrested at a Donald Trump rally in San Diego as protesters clashed with supporters. Trump thanked police for "handling the thugs."
- The World Health Organization has dismissed calls to postpone or cancel this summer's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro because of the Zika virus.
- The loneliest elephant in the world has died after spending 67 of her 69 years in captivity at a Tokyo zoo.