1. In Indonesia, these twelve couples participated in a mass wedding to celebrate the special date.
Numerologists say the date is lucky for couples and those seeking wealth.
6. Even people not getting married wanted to share the luck.
8. In India, Brandon Pereira and Emily D’Silva, had a wedding on 12/12/12.
They were engaged on 10/10/10, legally married on 11/11/11, and finally threw their big celebratory wedding in Mumbai on 12/12/12.
9. In Malaysia, 200 couples celebrated a mass wedding outside a temple in Kuala Lumpur.
11. In Singapore, over 500 couples applied to the Singapore Registry for Marriages.
12. They were married in a mass ceremony.
14. And in Las Vegas, plenty of chapels are offering specials on 12/12/12 ceremonies.
Las Vegas Weddings is offering the “Benihana 12-12-12 Special,” which costs $599 and includes a dozen roses. “NO Outside Flowers Allowed,” the deal proclaims. And at the Mon Bel Ami Wedding Chapel, there are only three spots left for couples who’d like to get married today.
- The man suspected of shooting and killing five people in a Washington mall is now in custody, officials said.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."