1. In Indonesia, these twelve couples participated in a mass wedding to celebrate the special date.
Numerologists say the date is lucky for couples and those seeking wealth.
6. Even people not getting married wanted to share the luck.
8. In India, Brandon Pereira and Emily D’Silva, had a wedding on 12/12/12.
They were engaged on 10/10/10, legally married on 11/11/11, and finally threw their big celebratory wedding in Mumbai on 12/12/12.
9. In Malaysia, 200 couples celebrated a mass wedding outside a temple in Kuala Lumpur.
11. In Singapore, over 500 couples applied to the Singapore Registry for Marriages.
12. They were married in a mass ceremony.
14. And in Las Vegas, plenty of chapels are offering specials on 12/12/12 ceremonies.
Las Vegas Weddings is offering the “Benihana 12-12-12 Special,” which costs $599 and includes a dozen roses. “NO Outside Flowers Allowed,” the deal proclaims. And at the Mon Bel Ami Wedding Chapel, there are only three spots left for couples who’d like to get married today.
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's pick for EPA chief, refused to say at his confirmation hearing if he would recuse himself from lawsuits he filed against the EPA.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺