2. But the “Tree of Hope,” an artificial tree which was pulled from storm wreckage by a local resident, has recently risen.
“The rebuilding of Union Beach — we’re going come back bigger and better than we ever were before,” local Mary Mancini told CBS of the tree’s meaning to her and her daughter. It stands directly across the street from the Princess Cottage Inn.
3. Town residents have rallied to decorate the tree.
4. They leave handmade ornaments and gifts for those who need them.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰