2. But the “Tree of Hope,” an artificial tree which was pulled from storm wreckage by a local resident, has recently risen.
“The rebuilding of Union Beach — we’re going come back bigger and better than we ever were before,” local Mary Mancini told CBS of the tree’s meaning to her and her daughter. It stands directly across the street from the Princess Cottage Inn.
3. Town residents have rallied to decorate the tree.
4. They leave handmade ornaments and gifts for those who need them.
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺