3. Dip a box or gift bag in confetti:
After wrapping your present, cover one end in double-stick tape and dip it in confetti. Glitter would work too, although your friend or loved one might not forgive you if it means they’ll be covered in it for the rest of their earthly days. This idea comes from Tokketok.
9. Wrap a plant in a square of pretty paper or fabric:
Just make sure you’re giving it to someone who won’t go away for a week and forget to water it, leaving it to shrivel and die on their window sill. (Not that I would know a thing about that.) Find out how here.
11. Wrap a gift using an old shirt:
This incredible tutorial was inspired by artist Jenn Playford, who wrote an entire book on wrapping gifts with fabric.
- The White House continued to defend rolling back Obama-era transgender protections, with Sean Spicer repeatedly insisting it's a "states' rights issue."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized recreational use.
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at the Coachella festival, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while she's pregnant 🐝😭
- Indiana police released chilling audio in the case of two teens found dead in the woods: a voice captured on one of their phones saying "down the hill."