12. Get together some friends and old sheets and be a museum:
The nice thing about modern art is that it doesn’t matter if your painting skills are lacking. Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories is responsible for this costume, which seems like it would be even more fun to make than to wear.
13. Also in the realm of art, you could always be Magritte’s famous “Son of Man” painting:
Wear a suit, borrow a bowler hat from that guy you hang out with even though he owns a bowler hat, and tie a fake plastic apple to the brim (a real apple is too heavy and won’t hang properly).
20. Be a cardboard box crocodile:
Again, this will impair your range of motion and also probably your vision, but we all have to make sacrifices sometimes. Get the instructions from Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories. Warning: this costume is also not likely to hold up in rain.
- A federal judge in Hawaii has blocked President Trump from enforcing his new travel and refugee bans indefinitely.
- North Carolina lawmakers say they have reached an agreement to repeal the controversial bathroom law HB2.
- Wednesday marks 73 days since people in northwest and southwest Cameroon have had no access to the internet — at all.
- The first official trailer for the latest adaptation of Stephen King's iconic novel "It" has dropped, and it's the creepiest thing you'll see all year.