2. The tree was covered in more than 45,000 LED lights…
3. …and topped with a Swarovski crystal star.
4. Thousands of New Yorkers and tourists came out to watch the ceremony.
Some looked more excited than others.
This Salvation Army volunteer, named Jessie Rock, danced for donations while everyone gathered around.
7. The NYPD were on call for crowd control.
Also in case someone tried to steal the tree.
8. Cee Lo Green performed.
In the world’s most perfect coat.
9. So did Rod Stewart.
He looks like he wants to give all of New York a big Christmas hug.
10. And, of course, the iconic Rockettes.
13. The tree will remain lit until Jan. 7.
By then everyone will have had such Christmas-decoration overload that they won’t be too sad to see it go.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳