2. The tree was covered in more than 45,000 LED lights…
3. …and topped with a Swarovski crystal star.
4. Thousands of New Yorkers and tourists came out to watch the ceremony.
Some looked more excited than others.
This Salvation Army volunteer, named Jessie Rock, danced for donations while everyone gathered around.
7. The NYPD were on call for crowd control.
Also in case someone tried to steal the tree.
8. Cee Lo Green performed.
In the world’s most perfect coat.
9. So did Rod Stewart.
He looks like he wants to give all of New York a big Christmas hug.
10. And, of course, the iconic Rockettes.
13. The tree will remain lit until Jan. 7.
By then everyone will have had such Christmas-decoration overload that they won’t be too sad to see it go.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.