2. The tree was covered in more than 45,000 LED lights…
3. …and topped with a Swarovski crystal star.
4. Thousands of New Yorkers and tourists came out to watch the ceremony.
Some looked more excited than others.
This Salvation Army volunteer, named Jessie Rock, danced for donations while everyone gathered around.
7. The NYPD were on call for crowd control.
Also in case someone tried to steal the tree.
8. Cee Lo Green performed.
In the world’s most perfect coat.
9. So did Rod Stewart.
He looks like he wants to give all of New York a big Christmas hug.
10. And, of course, the iconic Rockettes.
13. The tree will remain lit until Jan. 7.
By then everyone will have had such Christmas-decoration overload that they won’t be too sad to see it go.
- DNC Day 2: Bill Clinton took the crowd down memory lane, and then Hillary broke through a virtual glass ceiling 💥
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.
- 🍎📉: Apple's business is declining due to slowing iPhone sales, but the company is still making a ton of money.