1. The 17th annual Rio Gay Pride Parade took place Sunday at Copacabana Beach.
His sign reads, “I have the right to be gay and to be a Christian.”
2. The theme was “There is no prejudice in our hearts, but love instead.”
According to an article by the BBC, “266 people were killed in Brazil last year because of their sexual orientation,” and so in addition to fostering a sense of community and pride, the parade is also intended to raise awareness of the real problem of homophobia in Brazil.
4. There were over 1 million attendees and 15 enormous electric floats.
This transgender performer clearly wasn’t scared of heights.
7. And participants dressed in amazing multicolored costumes.
Even though it was around 80 degrees out.
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- More than 100 people are reportedly injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken on Thursday morning.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.