1. The 17th annual Rio Gay Pride Parade took place Sunday at Copacabana Beach.
His sign reads, “I have the right to be gay and to be a Christian.”
2. The theme was “There is no prejudice in our hearts, but love instead.”
According to an article by the BBC, “266 people were killed in Brazil last year because of their sexual orientation,” and so in addition to fostering a sense of community and pride, the parade is also intended to raise awareness of the real problem of homophobia in Brazil.
4. There were over 1 million attendees and 15 enormous electric floats.
This transgender performer clearly wasn’t scared of heights.
7. And participants dressed in amazing multicolored costumes.
Even though it was around 80 degrees out.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸