1. Your soulmate might not be the person of your ~dreams~.
2. Perfection's not all it's cracked up to be anyway.
3. Running away from your problems won't solve them.
4. After all, you can't hide from the truth forever.
5. But you should never feel you have to apologise for who you are.
6. And honesty actually IS the best policy.
7. You should hold on to the people who've made you who you are.
8. Getting involved with friends' exes is NEVER simple.
Even if they claim to be completely over him, à la Dan and Serena. Let’s even not talk about how completely wrong the whole Dan and Blair thing was fundamentally (literally more wrong than Dan and Serena being step-siblings).
Main point, respect your friendships first. Be really sensitive to your friend, and don't be surprised if your new relationship with their old flame brings up a lot of feelings neither of you realised they had.