People Are Sharing The Worst Things Their Siblings-In-Law Have Done To Them, And It's Pretty Messed Up, Y'all
It's like a typical sibling rivalry, but worse.
1. "We recently lost my grandmother, and I kid you not, while my grandmother was dying, literally ONE HOUR from taking her last breath, my sister-in-law was reading through her will."
"To me, that seems like she only cares about one thing, so while her husband and the rest of us are about to lose someone so special, she was reading through papers not meant for her and holding back tears as she read all the stuff she would be getting by being married to my brother. I could go on, but to me, that changed my opinion of her forever."
2. "My brother-in-law insisted on getting married in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic with no masks and a shared taco bar."
"I have severe asthma, so my husband and I were being extremely cautious. My husband was supposed to be a groomsman, so he offered a compromise: no mask on during photos, but we would both wear masks at all other times. My brother-in-law uninvited us and kicked my husband out of the wedding party."
3. "I fell behind on bills after my divorce and had to get a car title loan. I was working for my brother-in-law and renting a house from him. They paid me, but I was still short on rent and I fell behind on the car title loan. I tried to hide my vehicle for a few weeks until I could catch it up."
"My brother-in-law not only told the car title loan company where I hid my vehicle, but he was given a finder's fee for ratting me out after they successfully took my truck. I paid $6,000 for the truck and was only $200 behind on the loan."
4. "My brother-in-law made fun of my baby name choice before I had my son so much that I had to change it. He got my in-laws on board of making fun of it too. I love my son’s name now, but I’m still bitter about what a dick he was to a pregnant women."
5. "I was very overweight at the time, and after a weekend visit, I had left some clothing at my in-laws' house. Well, their baby sister spilled the tea that my other sister-in-law posed in a pair of my pants like a 'before and after' weight loss picture."
6. "My sister-in-law told my husband he could do better and to find someone else, while I was pregnant with our kid nonetheless. Her wedding was the week after she did this. I backed out of the wedding and she called me crying and apologizing to save her ass. Nope. I definitely didn't want to be a part of her wedding party after that."
7. "My sister-in-law actually gave us the opened and used items from her pantry for Christmas one year. Opened and used boxes of mixes, spices, and old canned goods. Another Christmas she gave us two boxes of Girl Scout Cookies she had kept in her freezer from the March before."
8. "My sister-in-law accused me of being in love with my brother. When I asked my brother what made her think that, he said it was because I enjoy helping take care of his son, aka my nephew."
"So, in her twisted mind, the fact that I enjoy being in my nephew’s life must mean I’m in love with his father, my brother."
9. "My fiancé and I got engaged in late 2015. We planned our wedding for summer 2017 so we could save up for the event and a house. March 2017 rolled around and my brother announced his girlfriend was pregnant and they were getting married in a small ceremony. Next day, he called and said SHE changed her mind and they were having a huge wedding instead so they 'don't miss out" and it would take place three weeks before OUR wedding."
"I wound up sharing my bridal showers, attention, and time with my sister-in-law because she didn't want to be 'showing' at her wedding. I mean, everyone could do the math. We all knew she was pregnant."
10. "My brother-in-law insisted on driving me, my mother, and his daughter to the other kid’s recital in one car. Despite multiple warnings about where my car was parked, he started to back up, floored it in reverse without a second glance in any of the mirrors, and nailed the bumper of my car."
"He demanded that we didn't go through insurance and that he would pay for the repairs out-of-pocket. By the time I had a listing of the repairs needed, he concluded that he wouldn’t have hit my car if I’d done a better job parking it and refused to cover the damage. Motherfucker caused $800 just in noticeable paint damage to my car and didn’t care how I felt about it because he didn’t mind the minor scuff his bumper took in the impact."
11. "My former sister-in-law announced MY pregnancy on social media before I got the chance to. She didn't even tag me in the post. I was so heartbroken. I knew this was going to be my only child, so I wanted to be able to make my own announcement."
12. "My sister-in-law rescheduled her baby’s christening from February to the day my soon-to-be husband and I would leave for our honeymoon. We had to cancel our wedding due to COVID and since the honeymoon is the only thing that we are able to keep, the vacation meant so much to us. She said it shouldn’t be a big deal if we miss a day of our 'trip.'"
13. "My sister-in-law and brother borrowed my mini freezer and then sold it. IT WASN'T HERS! It was a very big indicator of the type of person she was: materialistic, superficial, self-absorbed. She loved money and material things."
14. And "I found I was finally pregnant after trying for a while and surprised my in-laws at Christmastime with a box that had baby mittens in it. During the joy and hugging, my sister-in-law looked at us and said, 'Well I’m pregnant too.' She wasn’t."
"Her husband wasn’t even there when she shocked everyone with her false announcement. It went from happy to awkward to WTF real fast."
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.