And the stories people shared were truly unpredictable. Take a look for yourself:
1. "I actually didn’t find out until nearly a year after we had broken up. I met a girl at a party, and we started talking about crazy exes. Our stories sounded a bit too similar, and I jokingly asked, 'Did we date the same guy?' Turned out, yes, we did, and at the same time. We had already been together for two years before she got involved with him. That was a fun night."
2. "We were both 16, and her little sister was around 12. Her sister came up and asked if I'd met her boyfriend yet. I was like, 'You know I’m her boyfriend. We’ve been dating for years.' She said, 'No, the NEW one.'"
3. "Her parents had security cameras all over the house. Her dad played the video of her kissing and fondling another man in front of me and half of her family. I don't think he liked me...but I dodged a fucking bullet."
4. "I saw a text come through to her phone from one of my friends regarding what mattress she wanted. Turned out that they had been out for the night drinking, got back to her house, and tried to have sex. He was too drunk and couldn't get it up, so they gave up and fell asleep. He then proceeded to piss the bed. I always felt like that was karma at work."
5. "She told me her sister was visiting for the weekend so I couldn't come over. Her sister's Instagram showed she'd been at an event in another city the whole time."
6. "I had a friend a few years ago who was a private detective. He specialized in investigating marital infidelity. He told his client to take up a hobby; it didn't matter what it was. Pottery, yoga, an evening course in basket weaving, whatever. So that's what I did. The important part was that every week, on a specific day and time, the client would be at a class. Then he'd tail the spouse. Slam dunk."
7. "She had me set up her computer that I bought and didn't remember her password to her iCloud account, so we just used mine. I had a rough time finding work and was filling out job apps on my own computer and started receiving alerts for DMs. Yeah...there were MULTIPLE men she was having an affair with. I filed for divorce the next week."
8. "Her best friend approached me at a child's birthday party and told me that I didn't deserve what was happening. Completely confused, I asked what he was talking about. He then told me about how she had been seen messing around with a co-worker and telling him about it. I then had to hold my heart in my chest and my stomach in my abdomen while a group of children, including my two small daughters, sang 'Happy Birthday' and had a great time."
9. "My 16-year-old neighbor at the time came to sit by me and asked what was wrong. I was upset about a certain financial situation my wife had gotten us into. So as I was going to explain my situation before I could speak, she said, 'Is it because your wife slept with your brother?' My heart immediately went to my throat, and my stomach knotted up. I was in shock. Not only did I not have any clue, but my 16-year-old neighbor was the one who had to break it to me."
10. "My wife wanted out of Los Angeles, so I got a job in Utah. She suggested I move, get a house set up, and she’d join in just a few weeks when her bank job would let her transfer. A few weeks later, I’m back in California for a romantic weekend with her up in the mountains. She forgot her cellphone at work (the bank) and couldn’t go back for it. She kept using my mobile phone to check her voicemail remotely. Like obsessively. And she would then return calls to people from random phones (hotel, pay phone, etc.) but not my mobile. As I was sitting in the airport, preparing to fly back to Utah, thinking about how weird it all was, I decided to check her voicemail from my cell. She hadn’t deleted her recent messages."
"There was a voicemail from some guy asking if she was OK, and he was worried about her sick grandpa she went to visit, and that he loved her. In a stroke of luck, he said he didn’t have good cell service at his friend's house, so gave his friend's number to call. I called. He said he was her boyfriend. I said I was her husband. I yelled at him. He yelled at me. Then I was like, 'Dude, we’re both getting played.' We had a total bro moment. Then I filed divorce papers the next week."