29 Details From Kids Shows That Can't Be Ignored Once You Know About Them
I feel dumb for not realizing LaCienega Boulevardez was named after La Cienega Boulevard in California.
1. In the Texas episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick misheard SpongeBob and thought he said, "Your penis is showing."
2. On Victorious, Tori's mom seemed to be having an affair.
4. The Krusty Krab on SpongeBob SquarePants is shaped like a lobster trap.
5. In The Proud Family, LaCienega and her mom, Sunset Boulevardez, were named after La Cienega Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard in California.
6. On Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Moze's boyfriend's name was Faymen Phorchin, which was a play on "fame and fortune."
7. On Victorious, Jade made a joke about puberty that a lot of people missed.
8. On Hey Arnold! there were subtle hints that Mr. Simmons was gay, but I never picked up on it until I rewatched it years later.
9. On SpongeBob, Patrick lived under a rock because he was dumb.
10. In the naked episode of Rugrats, there was a moment where it seemed as if Tommy was about to ask Lil why she didn't have a penis.
11. In The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, London Tipton's name and character were a parody of Paris Hilton.
12. When Velma's cousin Marcy was flirting with Fred on What's New, Scooby Doo?, there was a joke about Marcy turning 18 and now being "legal" to date Fred.
13. In an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, SpongeBob wore underwear over his head and nose, which resembled an erection.
14. In The Breakfast Club homage episode of Victorious, they swapped the word "virgin" with "vegan."
15. There was an episode of SpongeBob where he was blowing up balloons to make an inflatable Squidward and it looked like a condom.
16. In a Gravity Falls episode, Soos met a girl at the mall while she was working at a food stand called "Meat Cute!" which was a play on the term "meet-cute."
17. In a SpongeBob SquarePants scene, SpongeBob and Patrick were caught naked while Patrick was holding money, which made it look like they were participating in sex work.
18. In the Rugrats episode "Grandpa's Bad Bug," the milkman drove in front of the Pickles' house while covered in lipstick prints.
19. In Winnie the Pooh, Kanga and Roo's combined name was "Kangaroo," and they were kangaroos.
20. On SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs once says, "So that's what I taste like," which implies that Krabby Patties are made from crabs.
21. Miss Yvonne on Pee-wee's Playhouse was always very sexually suggestive.
22. On Jessie, a lot of Luke's behavior toward Jessie was very risqué for someone so young.
23. VeggieTales had a number of references to Star Trek, Monty Python, Forrest Gump, Indiana Jones, Laurel and Hardy, The Lord of the Rings, and The Grapes of Wrath.
24. There was a scene on Jimmy Neutron where Hugh thought he was the last man on Earth and surrounded himself with pie. This was a reference to an episode of The Twilight Zone where the last man on Earth surrounded himself with books.
25. In Rugrats, Grandpa Lou rented an adult film to watch for himself called Lonely Space Vixens.
26. In Rocko's Modern Life, Rocko's favorite restaurant was called Chokey Chicken, which was a pun of the phrase "choking the chicken," aka masturbating.
27. Also on Rocko's Modern Life, Rocko once watched a movie called Night of the Shaved Kittens, which was a pun based on shaved private parts.
28. In an episode of Batman Beyond, there was a sex joke in the scene where Nelson asked Blade if she wanted a ride.
29. And in a scene on Victorious, the group was trapped in a store after hours. They needed someone flat to slide under the lasers, and Jade and Trina took a step back, which was a joke about them having bigger chests.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.