16 Details From Kids' Shows That People Didn't Notice Until They Were Older
I was today years old when I learned why Patrick Star's home is a rock.
2. "In The Breakfast Club homage episode of Victorious, they swapped out the word 'virgin' with 'vegan.'"
3. "Barney is just an imaginary friend of the kids, which is why there was never an adult to be found when he was there."
4. "Krabby patties are made from crabs because in one episode, Mr. Krabs tastes one and says, 'So that's what I taste like.'"
5. "On Hey Arnold! there were subtle hints that Mr. Simmons was gay, but I never picked up on it until I rewatched it years later."
6. "On Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, Moze's boyfriend's name was Faymen Phorchin, which was a play on 'fame and fortune.'"
7. "In The Proud Family, LaCienega and her mom, Sunset Boulevardez, were named after LaCienega Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard in California."
8. "On SpongeBob, Patrick lived under a rock because he was dumb and clueless."
9. "On Victorious, Tori's mom seemed to be having an affair."
10. "On Victorious, Jade made a joke about puberty that a lot of people missed."
11. "There was an episode of SpongeBob where he was blowing up balloons to make an inflatable Squidward and it looked like a condom."
12. "Miss Yvonne on Pee-wee's Playhouse was always so suggestive and I never realized it."
13. "The Krusty Krab is shaped like a lobster trap."
14. "On Jessie, a lot of Luke's behavior toward Jessie was kind of risqué for someone so young."
15. "VeggieTales contained a number of references to Star Trek, Monty Python, Forrest Gump, Indiana Jones, Laurel and Hardy, The Lord of the Rings, and The Grapes of Wrath."
16. "In the Texas episode of SpongeBob, Patrick misheard SpongeBob and thought he said, 'Your penis is showing.'"
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.