18 Details From Iconic Christmas Movies That Are So Damn Small And So Freaking Clever
How the Grinch Stole Christmas has more — um — adult jokes than I remembered.
1. In How the Grinch Stole Christmas, when a couple received their baby, there was a joke about the wife having an affair.
2. Also, in How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the Grinch's adoptive moms were having a swingers party when the Grinch arrived in a basket.
3. In Frozen 2, Elsa walked through the memories of the past and saw her parents. In the memories, her father was reading a book by a new Danish author, and the cover of the book had a silhouette of The Little Mermaid.
5. In The Santa Clause, there was a boy with pointy ears sitting behind Charlie in his classroom during the Career Day presentations. His pointy ears signified that he was an elf.
6. In The Polar Express, the Christmas tree at the North Pole stands on a compass that points south in all directions.
7. In Home Alone 2, Fuller wore the same coat that Kevin wore in the first Home Alone film, implying that Kevin grew out of the coat and it was handed down to Fuller.
8. In The Polar Express, a protest sign said, "Say yes to Lone Pine Mall construction," which was a reference to the Lone Pine Mall in Back to the Future. Both movies were directed by Robert Zemeckis.
10. In The Nightmare Before Christmas, the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was sitting in the back row of the town meeting scene.
13. In How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Ron Howard, the director, made a cameo as one of the villagers in Whoville.
14. In Home Alone, the pizzeria the McAllisters ordered from was called Little Nero's Pizza, which was a reference to the real-life Little Caesars Pizza.
This egg has already hatched. Keep looking for easter eggs for a chance to be a winner of our 5 Days of Giveaways!