1. He’s starred in some of the best BBC productions this year.
2. He’s a rock star.
3. 3. In fact, he has great taste in music.
4. He plays bad boys, on screen but he loves his mum in real life.
In his latest film, About Time (in theatres Nov. 8), which stars Rachel McAdams and Domhnall Gleeson (Harry Potter), Hughes transforms into the ultimate brooding bad boy, Jimmy.
“I always get cast as the jerks, but I never know why because I’m a mommy’s boy!” Hughes said. “But you know, that was a really cool part. What I loved about Jimmy is that he lives in his own world, and he brought this whole different energy. Jimmy’s broken. Without getting too deep, he’s the kid that, when he was 18, he had the world at his feet, and, when he’s 23, he hadn’t quite made it. His jerky nature comes from a deep self-loathing. We’re not born evil. You have to look at the little kid inside and think, ‘What happened to him to make him be like this?’”
5. He dreams big.
6. He's not afraid to make fun of himself.
7. He's humble.
8. He loves animals.
9. He's an excellent dancer. (Unless you ask him.)
"Dancer? No, not at all," he said, clearly forgetting about his killer moves in 2010's Cemetery Junction. "No, no, I don't think I'm good at all. Not at all."