1. The class is taught by the biggest Beyoncé fans ever.
Queen B. was regularly invoked, with a "What Would Beyoncé Do?"
2. The schedule is brand new.
"The next day after the album ("Beyoncé") came out, we threw out the timetable and put up the new choreographed classes", director Bonnie tells BuzzFeed.
3. (Which the instructors are thankful for)
4. I had serious gym kit envy.
Some of the other people in the class even wore heels.
5. The emphasis isn't on perfection - it's on getting into the spirit of things.
8. There was some incredibly important dancing advice.
9. It's a sweaty class.
Speaking to a classmate in the hall before the class, I learnt that "during last week's class, we burned 750 calories", according to a Nike FuelBand. Our instructor didn't let us off easy either - he returned to moves that he felt we weren't doing as well as we could have.